Remember the first time you used a tampon? FLEX is just as simple once you understand the steps. It may seem awkward to insert or remove at first, that’s okay! Other women have also experienced that.
“I felt slightly intimidated at first like I did when I was first learning to use a tampon. But like tampons, it was super easy after I practiced a few times, and like tampons, now I don’t even have to think about it.” - Lindsey, 29, Austin, Texas
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start your trial on a lighter flow day or at bedtime to get to know how your body works with FLEX
- Unlike a tampon, when inserting FLEX, push back and down (not up) for proper placement
- When removing FLEX, bear down with your pelvic muscles, which will help push FLEX into the vaginal canal, making it easier to reach with your finger
- Keep FLEX horizontal (level to the floor) while removing
- FLEX can be a bit messy while you’re learning to use it, so remove FLEX while sitting on the toilet or in the shower
- With practice, removal becomes easier and less messy.
What is a FLEX menstrual disc?
FLEX is an innovative product called a menstrual disc. It was designed to solve many of the problems caused by traditional menstrual products such as tampons and pads.
FLEX was designed by women and works by collecting (rather than absorbing) menstrual fluid.
It’s disposable and worn for up to 12 hours of leak-free period protection. It can also be worn during intercourse for mess-free period sex.
Many women find that it's soft, flexible design helps to prevent cramps that are caused by tampons.
FLEX holds about 5 tampons worth of fluid and should not leak if inserted properly. It's designed to fit all women and can be worn during all of your normal activities, such as swimming or exercise.
FLEX is FDA registered, hypoallergenic, and made without silicone or natural rubber latex.
It can be worn in conjunction with your preferred method of birth control, but it is important to note that FLEX is not a contraceptive nor does it protect against sexually transmitted infections.
Looking to decide for yourself? When you sign up for a FLEX Plan, your first month is free, just cover $3.95 shipping and handling.
MKD-0022 Rev A