10 Tips & Tricks For Your First Time Using FLEX
Using FLEX is easy. But just like using a tampon, doing a proper squat, or baking a turkey for the first time, it takes a little practice. We have some tips to give you the confidence to try it again.
1. Always wash your hands. And take a deep breath. You've got this!
2. Start on a lighter day. Try your first FLEX on a lighter flow day, when you have some time to spare. So not when you’re at Coachella, on a 6-hour car ride, or when your flow is already Niagara Falls.
3. It may get a little messy. But not as messy as you might think. The average woman only menstruates about 1.5 tsp in 12 hrs. Just make sure to sit and keep your FLEX parallel to the floor as you remove it.
4. Wear a liner for backup. You shouldn’t need it once you get it down. But for your first time or two, it can’t hurt to have a contingency while you’re out and about, for a little peace of mind.
5. Push it back and down. Your FLEX will slide in easily. But as it does, keep it at an angle, all the way back and down behind the pubic bone, to ensure it covers fully around the base of your cervix.
6. Make sure you can’t feel it. If you can feel your FLEX inside you, that’s a good sign it’s not all the way in. I know this sounds weird, but when it’s inserted properly, you won’t even notice it’s there.
7. You can always adjust or re-insert. If it feels not quite right or like it’s leaking, try adjusting your FLEX while it’s inside you by pushing it farther down and back, or just take it out, empty it and try again.
8. Seeing blood when you pee (or poop) is normal. When you bear down on your pelvic muscles, your FLEX’s front edge may slide out from behind your pubic bone, letting some fluid out. This is nothing to worry about. Just make sure it’s tucked back into place when you’re done.
9. Pretend to poop to help remove. If you have trouble removing your FLEX, bear down on your pelvic muscles as if taking a poop. The front edge will pop out from behind your pubic bone, so it’s easier to reach.
10. Wait to remove it after sex. Vaginas can expand up to 200% during sex. As you can imagine, this might make your FLEX hard to remove. Give it at least 15min after period sex so your vagina can return to size.
Bonus: Real Advice from Real Customers on Their First Time
“When you go to the bathroom, don’t freak out if you see some blood on the toilet paper - it’s totally normal and doesn’t mean it’s in wrong. It goes right back into place when you’re done (or to be safe just push it back up there).” -- Erin
“Don’t let it just slip in - that was my biggest mistake! I was putting mine straight in so it was hitting my cervix and causing discomfort. Make sure you point and push it down so it gets at an angle.” -- Jette
“I’ll wear it for 12 hours most all days of my period, but on my heaviest day it fills up faster so I’ll empty it out more often. It still lasts way longer than a tampon or pad.” -- Carmen
Need more Flex Ed?
Check out videos of Lauren & Erika answering our frequently asked questions at https://flexfits.com/pages/faq.
Or just call or live chat with one of our Flex Educators anytime!
MKD-0025 Rev A