Contest Rules: FLEX + Piperwai
THE FLEX COMPANY & PIPERWAI NATURAL DEODORANT
FLEX & PiperWai Sweepstakes
This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States only. Participants must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The FLEX & PiperWai Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on April 10, 2017 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on April 24, 2017 (the “Promotion End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period.” The Promotion is sponsored by the Flex Company and PiperWai LLC (the “Promotion Sponsors”). Participation in the Promotion is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from either of the Promotion Sponsors.
- How to Enter:
Enter your first name and email address on this page, then select ENTER: https://flexfits.com/piperwai
By entering the Promotion, you agree that you have read and will abide by these Official Rules.
To enter by mail, please print your first name, last name, address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address on a three-by-five-inch card. Place the card in an envelope, affix first-class postage, and send it to the Promotion Sponsors at the address below in Section 8, with attention to FLEX & PiperWai Sweepstakes, so that it is received by the Promotion End Date. You will receive only one (1) entry per person per household. No illegible, incomplete, forged, mechanically produced or altered entries will be accepted. All entries must be received by the Promotion End Date. All entries become the property of the Promotion Sponsors and will not be returned. Submitted entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by the Promotion Sponsors.
There will be three (3) prizes offered to the winners of the Promotion, consisting of:
96 units of FLEX to be delivered to winner in a one-time shipment of four 24-count boxes of FLEX (approximate total retail value of $180).
12 units of PiperWai to be delivered to winner in a one-time shipment of 12 jars of PiperWai (approximate total retail value of $144).
48 units of FLEX to be delivered to winner in a one-time shipment of two 24-count boxes of FLEX (approximate total retail value of $90).
6 units of PiperWai to be delivered to winner in one shipment of six jars of PiperWai (approximate total retail value of $72).
24 units of FLEX to be delivered to winner in a one-time shipment of one 24-count box of FLEX (approximate total retail value of $45)
3 units of PiperWai to be delivered to winner in one shipment of three jars of PiperWai (approximate total retail value of $36).
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Promotion Sponsor by the Promotion End Date (e.g., if 1000 eligible entries are received, the odds of an individual who submits an eligible entry winning the prize is approximately 333:1). Total approximate retail value of all prizes: USD $567. The Promotion Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks after validation of eligibility for receipt of prize. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Promotion Sponsors are responsible only for prize delivery, and are not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of age and/or identification.
The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsors and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Promotion Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations.
- Selection of Winners:
On or about April 28, 2017 (the “Drawing Date”), the Promotion Sponsors will select the winner. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Promotion End Date. The choice of winner is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. The winner will be notified by e-mail using the information provided on the entry form within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
In the event the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) days of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be contacted. The Promotion Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the city and state), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsors for the administration of the Promotion and for the Promotion Sponsors’ promotional purposes in any medium and without additional permission or compensation, to the extent permitted by law. As a condition to winning the prize, the winner will be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release, if requested by the Program Sponsors, except to the extent prohibited by law.
- Additional Conditions:
The Promotion Sponsors and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law), all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsors; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsors will select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Promotion shall be governed by California law.
- ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 6 is referred to in these Official Rules as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You and the Promotion Sponsors agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and the Promotion Sponsors, or either of them, whether arising out of or relating to these Official Rules (including any alleged breach thereof), any advertising, any aspect of the relationship or transactions between us, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Official Rules, you and the Promotion Sponsors are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class or representative action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND THE PROMOTION SPONSORS AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND THE PROMOTION SPONSORS OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
- Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. The Promotion Sponsors are always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to the Promotion Sponsors should be sent to The Flex Company, 1221 Electric Avenue, Venice, CA 90291, Attn: FLEX & PiperWai Contest (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If the Promotion Sponsors and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or the Promotion Sponsors may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by the Promotion Sponsors (or either of them) or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or the applicable Promotion Sponsor is entitled.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer_arbitration. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Official Rules as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Official Rules and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
- Unless the Promotion Sponsors and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, Sponsor agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. If, however, you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, the Promotion Sponsors will pay your portion of such fees. Each side will be responsible for its own attorneys’ fees.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
- Severability. Without limiting the severability provision in Section 7 below, if a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 6(a) above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of Section 6(a) is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the remainder of these Official Rules will continue to apply.
- For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Promotion Sponsors within ninety (90) days of the Drawing Date (residents of Vermont and Washington may exclude postage).
- Promotion Sponsors:
The Flex Company
1221 Electric Avenue
Venice, California 90291
1430 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Except as otherwise provided in Section 6(g) above, in the event that any term or provision of these Official Rules is judged to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision.
- The Promotion Sponsors reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
Copyright © 2017 The Flex Company and PiperWai LLC. All rights reserved. The Flex Company and the associated logo are registered trademarks of The Flex Company. PiperWai and the associated logo are registered trademarks of PiperWai.