Designer In Residence
The Role: Designer In Residence (part-time paid internship)
We’re looking to hire a highly driven and talented part-time design intern to join our team.
OUR NEW TEAMMATE
- You are on top of the latest design trends
- You find yourself attracted to projects that bring your passion, energy, and curiosity to life
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a small team
- You thrive in a fast-paced and exciting working environment
- You have an interest in fashion design or consumer-focused design
- You want to leverage your design skills to improve the world around you
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- EXPERIENCE AN UNPARALLELED WORK ENVIRONMENT AND LEARNING EXPERIENCE
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees would thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions (including a little design)
- Work closely with our Founder and CEO, a thought leader in women’s menstrual health
- DRIVE YOUR CREATIVE VISION
- We’re looking for you to make a real contribution to the creative vision of our company and not simply execute on our ideas (if we wanted that we would just go to 99designs!)
- SICK LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We’re a block away from the beach in Venice @ Amplify.LA // 1600 Main St
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
- Free beers and sodas
THE DAY-TO-DAY WORK:
- Design stunning graphic communications for print and web, including web-ready graphic design, logos, email materials, promotional items, social media graphics, infographics, other marketing materials as needed.
- Collaborate with CEO, Head of Growth, and other team members on all aspects of your design work (you will be given incredible access to a senior team and network)
- Learn and grow design skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for web and print projects
- Contribute your own ideas; not just execute ours
- Help tell the story of The Flex Company through beautiful visuals
- 1-2 years general work experience preferably in Design or pursuing a BA or other design-related degree
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Outstanding verbal communication skills (can clearly present ideas, respectfully voice dissenting opinions)
- Must have excellent time management skills, flexibility, attention to detail
- Positive attitude (because you’re a winner)
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in Email Design, Digital Ad creation, Infographics and Web collateral
- Experience or desire to develop knowledge in HTML/CSS
- Unafraid to ask for advice or help
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Passion for women’s health is a huge plus (and it’s worth noting… you don’t have to be a woman to be passionate about women’s issues)
This will be a part-time paid internship with an opportunity for growth in the future for high-performers.
Typically, how many days is your period?
How heavy is your flow on your heaviest days?
When did your last period start?
How many weeks do you typically have between periods?
What period product do you use most frequently?
How disruptive can your period be to your life?
What bothers you most about having your period?
What is the one thing you wish you could change about your period?
What email would you like your results sent to?
We will automatically ship 8 discs for $13 every two months starting on . We’ll remind you before we process the next order. You can pause or cancel anytime, online.
We will automatically ship 16 discs for $24 every one month starting on . We’ll remind you before we process the next order. You can pause or cancel anytime, online.
We will automatically ship 24 discs for $28 every one month starting on . We’ll remind you before we process the next order. You can pause or cancel anytime, online.
Try FLEX with some liners at first.
Sometimes you just feel better with a little backup. FLEX plus liners would be a great combination for you while you transition to FLEX to help guard against leaks until you get the hang of positioning FLEX.Not ready for membership? Try just one FLEX.