Senior Software Engineer
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
We’re seeking a talented, full-time software engineer to join our team as our first engineer. We are a small team of four full-timers and we’re looking for an engineer that wants to help our technology grow as quickly as our revenue by diving into our e-commerce platform, and building a longer-term product vision for our website and standalone technology products.
You’ll begin by optimizing our current backend. From there, you’ll build standalone technology products to engineer growth.
You’ll also lead the technology roadmap for The Flex Company, which includes a custom platform that encompasses eCommerce, order to cash fulfillment, inventory management, shipping logistics, and business logic for a high-growth subscription service.
The right candidate will be take full control of features from the architectural design, to the data modeling all the way to the front end implementation. This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate who wants to have immediate impact and grow their career by owning the product vision and execution for our company.
OUR NEW TEAMMATE
- You are passionate about customers and building products that people love
- You enjoy combining the art of design with the art of programming
- You find yourself attracted to projects that bring your passion, energy, and curiosity to life
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a small team
- You thrive in a fast-paced and exciting working environment
- You have an interest developing products that solve complex challenges and don’t want to just execute on someone else’s vision
- You want to be involved in the growth of the company, not just code all day
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- EXPERIENCE UNPARALLELED LEARNING & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
- AMAZING LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
THE DAY-TO-DAY WORK:
- Collaborate with Growth team to design and implement features that wow our users
- Bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role in defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Work tirelessly to analyze and improve the speed & stability of our website
- Fix bugs in our sales/advertising systems and implement custom promotion requirements
- Develop ways to capture, analyze, and act upon data to improve our user experience and workflow
- Develop a technology roadmap that allows us to continue growing on a custom-built platform with experiences you want customers to have
- Help tell the story of The Flex Company through beautiful web experience
- Professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience building and expanding web platforms through periods of high growth
- Experience building e-commerce components such as transaction processing, inventory, race conditions, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The location is in Los Angeles, and must be willing to move to Venice Beach/LA to work in our office
NICE TO HAVES
- Interest in UI/UX design
- Experience with ecommerce
- Unafraid to ask for advice or help
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passion for empowering women is a huge plus (and it’s worth noting… you don’t have to be a woman to be passionate about women’s issues)
Interested? Email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org