Skip to content
- Lauren Schulte Wang creates The Flex Co.™
- Lauren joins Y Combinator, the prestigious start-up accelerator for the most promising new companies.
- The Flex Co. brand is established.
- The Flex Co. acquires Softcup & immediately ramps up production to save the disc from being discontinued.
- Lauren coins the term "menstrual disc" to help describe the different shape and benefits of the product vs. the menstrual cup.
- The Flex Co. receives top tier media coverage for Flex Disc™ thanks to its innovative design that allows for period sex without the stained sheets.
- Flex Disc™ ships to customers for the first time.
- Flex launches The Fornix magazine to educate and create discourse around menstruation, reproductive health, and sexual wellness.
- Uterati community is founded on Facebook. Members are closely involved in Flex’s customer-led product innovation strategy.
- Softdisc is available on Amazon US & Amazon Canada.
- The Flex Co. acquires Keela and launches Flex Cup™ alongside its co-founders Jane Adamé & Andy Miller.
- Flex launches its first Youtube commercial that goes viral.
- Softcup is rebranded to Softdisc and is now sold at all Target stores in the US.
- Flex becomes the first digitally- native period care brand to go omnichannel, forging the way for new startups to enter the category.
- Flex Disc™, Flex Cup™, Softdisc®, & Softcup® are patented in the U.S. & abroad.
- Flex Cup™ and Flex Disc™ are now sold at select Target stores.
- CVS Health becomes a national retail partner of The Flex Co.
- The Flex Co. sells in 25,000 locations across the U.S., expanding into grocery and local retailers.
- The Flex Co. surpasses 20-yr industry leader DivaCup as the #1 sustainable period care brand.
- Flex adds the first and only plant-based menstrual disc, Plant+ Disc, to a lineup of eco-friendly products.
- Walmart awards Flex full-chain distribution, increasing The Flex Co.'s retail footprint to nearly 30,000 doors. Now, over 95% of the U.S. population has access to a Flex product within five miles of their home.
- The Flex Co. wins three prestigious Red Dot Awards for outstanding product design. Flex Plant+ Disc, awarded in Personal Care, Wellness and Beauty. Flex Reusable Disc, awarded in both the Innovative Products and Personal Care, Wellness and Beauty categories.
- The Flex Co. expands into Canada in partnership with Shoppers Drug Mart, solidifying market leadership with international growth.